The C 700 Treadmill combines one of NordicTrack’s lowest treadmill prices with enviable workout technology: an iFit-enabled console. “iFit-enabled” means that iFit can be accessed without a special monitor. The treadmill can use a tablet or smartphone as a monitor instead. Customised iFit workouts and 20 built-in apps automatically adjust the treadmill’s incline and speed, tilting it up to 10% and topping out at 10 mph. Built-in Speakers and an MP3-player port are also included.
Sadly, not all aspects of this model are a step up from previous generations. Compared to previous models of the C 700, this version has a wide, yet shorter track (22″ x 55″) and a slightly smaller incline. This machine is built for walkers more than runners.
What We Like:
- Workout Variety: The NordicTrack C 700 comes loaded with 20 workouts, all designed by certified personal trainers. These workouts automatically adjust the treadmill’s incline by up to 10% to target goals for calorie burn and endurance. Trainees can also access unlimited personalized workout downloads with an iFit subscription by using their own tablet or smartphone (a tablet stand is integrated into the treadmill.). iFit offers standard workout downloads, immersive Google StreetView workouts, hundreds of high-definition video workouts, virtual treadmill races, and other benefits. A subscription costs an additional $9.99/month.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline tilts up to 10%. It can be controlled with console buttons and by preset workouts. Benefits include better muscle targeting and toning, faster calorie burn, and the end of monotonous one-level training.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Pulse heart rate sensors are built into the C 700 treadmill handlebars. However, this model does not have a wireless receiver.
- Audio Entertainment: The C 700 Treadmill has an InterMix Acoustics 2.0 sound system (AKA a built-in set of 2″ speakers). The port is compatible with smartphones and MP3 players.
- Commercial Motor: This unit’s 2.75 HP DurX motor is designed to support long power walks. It’s covered by a 25-year warranty.
- Adjustable Cushioning: This NordicTrack treadmill has FlexSelect cushioning. With a quick adjustment, you can turn the cushioning off to get the sense of training on the road.
- AutoBreeze: The AutoBreeze fan is a simple feature that makes a big impact. When you speed up, so does the fan! You can also control the speed manually, if the machine isn’t judging your sweatiness properly.
What We Don’t Like:
- Warranty: The warranty for this NordicTrack treadmill is short, providing just one year of coverage for parts and labor. The motor is under warranty for 25 years. That sounds like a long time, but treadmill motors are normally shipped with a lifetime warranty. There’s a reason why NordicTrack lowered the motor warranty on this machine. Not a good sign for a product that costs $799.
- Price: There are better treadmills values are available for £699.
- Track: This treadmill has a 55″ track, which is too short for some trainees. The track is lower quality too (it is single ply and runs over small rollers). It will probably need to be replaced within a year if the treadmill is used regularly.
The NordicTrack C 700 Treadmill will appeal mainly to walkers, who will appreciate its power incline and workout options. The preset programs are plentiful and iFit is easy to add on. Although it’s fun to use, this treadmill doesn’t offer the best value in the NordicTrack line. It is constructed with low-end parts and comes with a tellingly short warranty package. That said, you won’t find many better treadmills for $799. That’s damning with faint praise, but true.